THE DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO DUBLIN FASHION FESTIVAL 2016
The Dublin Fashion Festival, in association with GALAXY®®, returns for its seventh year and runs from Monday, 5th September until Sunday, 11th September. Brought to you by DublinTown, the festival brings a fashion fix to the streets of Dublin and sees over 250 retailers, restaurants, bars and hotels taking part in one of the city centre’s liveliest events. The weeklong festival aims to bring a sense of fun and theatre into shopping and socializing in Dublin’s fair city, with some very exciting fashion surprises brought to life, exclusively by sponsor GALAXY®.
Dublin Fashion Festival celebrates all things fashion, including exciting in-store events, exhibitions, daily on-street catwalk shows, night-time runway spectaculars, master classes and the Young Designer of the Year competition. Many of the city’s flagship stores will get involved once again this year, including Brown Thomas, Stephen’s Green Shopping Centre, Powerscourt Centre, Arnotts, Ilac Shopping Centre, Jervis Shopping Centre, H&M, Forever 21 and Penneys, as well as a host of boutiques and vintage stores across the city.
Dublin Fashion Festival has something for everyone to enjoy, so here is a sneak peek at this year’s festival offerings to whet the appetite of the style starved.
- Emily Quinn’s “Bring it All Back Home” Exhibition. 5th-11th September, Powerscourt Townhouse. Public Access:
An incredible exhibition of Irish designers shot by award winning fashion photographer, Emily Quinn, featuring Helen Steele, Una Burke, Emma Manley and more.
- Helen Mc Alinden A/W 2016 Fashion Show. Tuesday, 6th September, Irish Georgian Society. Invite Only:
Guests will have the opportunity to talk through the collection with Helen Mc Alinden and her team.
- Men’s Fashion Ireland (MFI) Catwalk Fashion Show. Tuesday, 6th September, Drury Street Car Park / Fade Street Social. Invite Only:
Hosted by Adam Gaffey and styled by Brian Conway, this event showcases the best in men’s fashion and style and is followed by the AW16 MFI magazine launch, hosted by Fade Street.
- The Young Designer of the Year Award and Fashion Event. Wednesday 7th September, College Green. Invite Only/Public Access:
A major highlight of Dublin Fashion Festival is the renowned Young Designer of the Year competition, hosted this year by Brendan Courtney and Sonia Lennon. The crème de la crème of young designers from across Ireland will have the chance to showcase their vision for fashion, and compete for the coveted title of Young Designer of the Year. One of Ireland’s largest fashion events, 2016 will see talented finalists’ designs take to the runway at an exclusive outdoor spectacular at Bank of Ireland, College Green before one lucky winner is chosen by Ireland’s leading fashion commentators, icons, designers and buyers and crowned the Dublin Fashion Festival Young Designer of the Year.
- On-Street Fashion Shows. Thursday 8th– Saturday, 10th September, Grafton Street and Henry Street. Public Access:
The highlight of each year’s festival, these shows display all that Dublin city centre fashion retailers have to offer. Taking place on both sides of the Liffey, Dubliners will be treated to on-street shows, hair and make-up demonstrations and much more on permanent stages between 12pm and 5pm each day on Grafton Street and Henry Street.
- Om Diva Customer Appreciation Night. Thursday 8th September, 7pm, Drury Street. Public Access
Champagne, discounts and goodies bags, perfect!
- Miss Ireland ROCKS charity fundraiser. Thursday 8th September, Soder + Ko. Tickets only from DFF.ie:
Miss Ireland 2016 Finalists, past winners and special guests are taking part in a special charity event, to help support the hero kids who are in need of life saving treatment
- Creative Quarter Fashion Show. Friday 9th September, Powerscourt Townhouse. Access to the public available from 7:50PM
The Creative Quarter fashion show returns this year to the Powerscourt Townhouse Centre promoting fashion fever fixes from a vast variety of stores, boutiques and vintage stores in Dublin’s Creative Quarter. Hosted by the Face of Dublin Fashion Festival 2016, Darren Kennedy, the Creative Quarter fashion show is sure to be a highlight of this year’s celebrations and one not to be missed!
- Kids Funday & Shopkins Trading Party. Sunday 11th September, 1pm – 3pm, Ilac Shopping Centre. Public Access
Shopkins Trading Party hosted by Claires. Swap till you drop! Bring your Shopkins and trade them with fellow fans and enjoy complimentary facepainting and nail art! Giant Games for all the family. Prizes and giveaways on the day too